Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ricky Update

So Mr. Ricky made it through his first night back at home.  He's still not as active as he was before, but he has made huge progress since this began on Saturday night.

Last night I gave Ricky his first round of meds at home.  The vet said that it was okay to only do two of them so I don't stress him out too much; he had a very big day yesterday.  Today around lunchtime I gave him his first full round of meds... all five of them.  I also changed his bedding which is very hard to do with one hand when holding him with the other.  Since he still requires "warm, dark, and quiet" and this was only my second time handling him, I opted out of putting him in a shoe box for (literally) a minute while I scrape the loose seeds and shells out.  I didn't want to send him into another episode by doing too much at once.  At least I got the poopy towel out.

He was chirping this morning and was very excited to see me at breakfast.  He was running around his tank and climbing on top of his mirror.  After I gave him his medicine, he ate a big lunch which was very good to see.  He has also been drinking lots of water which he really needs too.

Taking a nibble

Having a drink.

Now back to eating!

I hope the heat is making it through the towel I put down for his bedding.  I don't want him to get too cold; too often this house can feel like an igloo.

YAY!

On a totally different note, last night I got some bad news.  Hosanna, one of the pigs at The Gentle Barn left us yesterday morning.  Hog heaven is lucky to have you, sweet Hosanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment