Our little Ricky came home today and is as chatty as ever. I got him all set up in the terrarium with a towel, a heat pad, food, water, a treat, a ball, and, of course, his mirror. Every time I go check on him I am terrified that I will send him into respiratory distress.
He isn't allowed to perch, but he really wanted to. He tried to climb on top of the mirror (which is flat against the side of the tank), but he couldn't stay up. He managed to find himself a new perch, though: his treat. He decided it was a good-enough substitute. Check out the pictures below!
Finally home and in his new space.
Taking his first nap at home.
As you can see, he's made himself comfortable on his makeshift perch.
Many a nap has been had since his homecoming.
In other bird news...
After I got Ricky all settled into his new space at home, I was dying to go check on our outdoor birds. I couldn't believe what I saw: Mama now has THREE eggs in her clutch!!! How exciting!
It seems our house is the place for lucky birds today! Such a good feeling!
No comments:
Post a Comment