Monday, June 20, 2011

Baby Boom

So this morning, like every morning, the first thing I do when I come upstairs is to check on the nest.  This morning Mama was sitting on her egg.  *WHEW*  




After snapping a couple pictures she took off.  At first, it looked like there were no eggs in the nest, but when I stood on the couch to see, there were two eggs!!  I am very excited!




It has been very rainy and thunderstormy the past five days, and The Weather Channel predicts another five more.  Today it is chillier than it has been, and it is too far too chilly for the end of June.  Hopefully this means that Mama will be on her nest more.  Maybe we will even get another egg!


Update on Ricky
So the conditions under which Ricky can come home are: 1. He can't have another episode of respiratory distress, and  2. He must be off oxygen for at least 24 hours.  The doctor is talking about doing blood-work to see if they can figure out exactly what is going on.  Besides the fact that he is teeny tiny, they are worried that the blood-draw will stress him out and send him into another episode.  On the other hand, if it reveals what is wrong, there may be something else they can do.  If not, then we will at least know that so we can do everything we can to make him as comfortable as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment