Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Life In The Wings


Baby News
So here we are two and a half days after birth and growing fast.  Our little hatchling is desperately trying to hold his head up, flap his wings, and move around the nest.  This one is is definitely a fighter!



As I am writing, I can see Mamma in the yard getting food for her and baby.  She must be feeding him well since he is growing so fast.  Hopefully she doesn't overdo it; she's still got two on the way (yes, there are still two)!!


I am worried about his/her two siblings.  They seem to be taking their time in making their debut.  They are one week late, so I hope nothing is wrong.








Little hatchling moving its little wings (its head is on the right).

Ricky Update  
Mr. Ricky is doing so well!  He spends almost all of his time up on his swing.  He has even been sleeping on his swing which is so true to character.  Ricky has also been chatty chatty chatty!  He has been singing and chatting about 90% of the time that he isn't eating or sleeping!  He has another appointment this Friday with the vet.  He is going to get another chest X-ray to see if/make sure the abdominal mass/obstruction has shrunk.  If so, we can probably start tapering off his meds and maybe in a few weeks he will be able to move to a cage.  Hopefully all goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment