So, my apologies, faithful followers, for having not posted anything for quite some time. I was out of town and living in a bubble of PERFECT (Canyon Ranch) for 10 days, so I haven't had much to complain about. However, it is now time to face reality. What follows are my latest life issues.
First - BP.
Has BP said "Yes, we F-ed up. No, we did not have the proper precautions in place to fix a problem as catastrophic as a blown pipe. No, we did not have the precautions in place to prevent damage to lives (human an non), habitat, and culture. No, we did not have a plan for cleaning up the repercussions of a catastrophe such as this? Yes, our negligence killed 11 people in our company. Yes, our negligence has killed natural habitats and wetlands. Yes, our negligence has killed many animals. Yes, our negligence has put thousands out of work indefinitely. Yes, we F-ed up."? I'm pretty sure they haven't. Excuse after excuse after excuse. Man up, BP. YOU SCREWED UP!!! EVERYONE KNOWS IT.
Second - Honey is Vegan?
No, it's not. Honey, is not Vegan. Is it an animal product, animal byproduct, or animal derived? Why, yes it is! If you didn't know that, please stop reading; I have nothing more to say to you. Okay, fine, so there was one blemish in my perfect bubble. Canyon Ranch has the most amazing menu. It's very Vegan friendly. Or so I thought. The Vegan items are marked but not as clearly as I thought. Under "Vegan" on their menu key it says "Vegan=Contains no animal ingredients. (May contain honey)." Uhhhh.... Then it may contain an animal product therefore making it not Vegan. AND, the items with honey were not marked. We talked with the head of food services and he basically said that some people are stricter about being Vegan than others. "Some Vegans eat meat or fish." What planet are you from?! Then they are omnivores or pescetarians!! I mean, if you are going to cater to Vegans and mark menu items as such, then you have to mark them accurately. I keep very strictly Vegan at home, so I was thrilled to go someplace to Vegan-friendly only to find that I was still having to ask about what was in dishes. In addition, the items on the salad bar had NO Vegan symbols. I had no idea which salad dressings were Vegan or which of the pre-made salad bar items were Vegan. I was very skeptical about everything that I ate. I was constantly eating under the assumption that someone "slipped in" something that shouldn't have been there. Tisk tisk. It's either Vegan or it's not.
No comments:
Post a Comment